Parents Anonymous® Parent Leaders and staff experts are available for interviews and provide a valuable resource for the media including television, radio, newspapers and magazines.
Dr. Lisa Pion-Berlin,
President and Chief Executive Officer,
Parents Anonymous® Inc.Dr. Pion-Berlin is a renowned expert in strengthening families and communities all around the world. She has authored legislation to strengthen the prevention focus of the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) and is frequently called upon by national and state policymakers along with the media to share unique solutions for implementing effective community-based child abuse prevention programs, achieving meaningful Parent Leadership and Shared Leadership®, and creating child welfare system reform to ensure safe and strong families. Dr. Pion-Berlin is an accomplished researcher, advocate, and policy expert on all aspects of family life, empowerment, creating long term measurable change, and ensuring systems are in place to provide culturally responsive support and hope to build on the strengths of families worldwide. Dr. Pion-Berlin also speaks on a variety of parenting topics such as:
- Promoting positive social and emotional growth and development with yourself and your children
- Effective disciplinary techniques
- Child safety and tips for preventing accidents
- Setting realistic expectations for children
- Listening, talking and nurturing to children and youth of all ages
- Identifying and reducing daily parenting stresses
- Role modeling
- Recognizing and preventing child abuse and neglect
- How to parent children with special needs
- How to effectively advocate for your child’s needs
She has appeared on programs including Good Morning America, The Today Show, CNN News, Pure Oxygen, Week in Review with Bill Rosendahl, Leeza and Geraldo. In addition, she has been interviewed extensively for publications that include The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, Redbook, Parenting and Child Magazine.
Parents Anonymous® Parent Leaders
Members of the National Parent Leadership Team® and other Parents Anonymous® Parent Leaders all across the country speak out and share their expertise about the prevention of child abuse. Their personal, compelling, often heroic stories about overcoming adversity of all kind give courage and hope to other parents needing help.
These men and women:
- Come from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Represent all age groups from teen parents to grandparents who are parenting their grandchildren
- May be married, single or divorced
- May be raising toddlers, teens, children with special needs or foster children
- Came to Parents Anonymous® for a variety of reasons such as parental stress, involvement with the Child Protective Service system, or a history of substance abuse or family violence.
To arrange an interview, contact: Dr. Lisa Pion_berlin, email, 909-621-6184 x 207